There are two good ways to get me out of bed in the morning. When the sun lightens up the room to announce a beautiful day, and the smell of a good breakfast. Since you still can’t influence the weather I rather focus on a good breakfast to kick of my day. I’m a chocolate lover and resisting a “pain au chocolat” for breakfast is impossible for me. Unfortunately they are hard to find in Munich but the good thing is that making this chocolate treat yourself is really easy. You can just bake them the same morning. So once in a while when we have friends coming over for brunch or just as a good start of the weekend, I serve these yummy pastries.
You can also use milk or white chocolate if you have a sweet tooth or are up for some experimenting.
Ingredients for 8 pains au chocolat:
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 100 g dark chocolate bar
- 1 egg, beaten
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- divide the puffy pastry into squares.
- place a piece of the chocolate bar on the pastry square, fold it and press the ends together.
- brush some egg on top of the pastry.
- put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- serve them still warm.